I thoroughly enjoy lemons.
I may possibly have an addiction.
Water isn’t water without a lemon. Pasta isn’t pasta without lemons.
Nothing is anything without lemons..
Today I tried my hand at Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.
Here’s my recipe.
Serves: 2 Time: ~35 min
2 1/2 T butter
3/4 c flour (I use 1/2 whole wheat, 1/2 AP)
1/2 T baking powder
1 T sugar
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 t salt
2 eggs (separated)
3/4 c ricotta cheese
1/2 c almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 lemon (zest and juiced)
1/4 t vanilla
Quick Berry Sauce (OPTIONAL):
1/4 c blueberries (I used frozen)
1/4 c raspberries
sprinkle of raw sugar
1. Mix dry ingredients (flour through salt).
2. Separate eggs.
3. Beat egg yolk through vanilla together.
4. Heat the griddle on high-medium.
5. Beat egg white until soft peaks form.
6. Mix egg yolk mixture and flour mixture together.
7. GENTLY fold in egg whites.
8. Put 1/2 T of butter on griddle (I put this on before pouring every pancake pair).
9. Scoop batter out in 1/4 cup increments and pour onto griddle.
10. Wait until bubbles form at top of pancakes, then, flip!
11. Meanwhile you can make your quick berry sauce by cutting up the strawberries and mixing them with the blueberries, raspberries and a sprinkle of sugar (or don’t.. whatever). Then throw that in the microwave COVERED (or you’ll have a hot mess) for a minute or so. VOILA, sauce!
12. Pile up those pancakes, cover them in your berry sauce and eat every last one of them! Or you can share… but that takes willpower.
I hope you try them…. otherwise you will definitely be missing out! ;)
If you tried any other additions, or substitutions, let me know! I’m always looking to make my recipes the best that they can be!